Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Book Review: Poison's Kiss by Breeana Shields



BLURB:

A teenage assassin kills with a single kiss until she is ordered to kill the one boy she loves. This commercial YA fantasy is romantic and addictive like-- a poison kiss-- and will thrill fans of Sarah J. Maas and Victoria Aveyard.

Marinda has kissed dozens of boys. They all die afterward. It's a miserable life, but being a visha kanya, a poison maiden, is what she was created to do. Marinda serves the Raja by dispatching his enemies with only her lips as a weapon.

Until now, the men she was ordered to kiss have been strangers, enemies of the kingdom. Then she receives orders to kiss Deven, a boy she knows too well to be convinced he needs to die. She begins to question who she s really working for. And that is a thread that, once pulled, will unravel more than she can afford to lose.

This rich, surprising, and accessible debut is based in Indian folklore and delivers a story that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25081261-poison-s-kiss

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. No payments made between me and the publisher.



First of all, I've been excited to read this since I received the copy. The book cover is beautiful and together with the title, it caught my attention right away. First parts of the book was exciting already so I just continue reading it until my eyes hurts. I think this book helped with my reading slump and I'm really looking forward to read more books like this one. 

I enjoyed reading Poison's Kiss, this is the kind of book that I've been looking for short but full of excitement, it doesn't have any dull parts either especially when Deven appeared (LOL). Before I tell you about Deven, here's Marinda, a girl who can kill a person with just a kiss. She has a younger brother named Mani whom she loves so much and she will do anything to save his life from danger. Deven, is a young man that Marinda fancies. He's a good man who she met at the bookstore where she sometimes work. But, Marinda's handler ordered her to kill Deven and with that she decided to change everything. 

"Just because two things happen at the same time doesn't mean that they're connected."

I'm so tempted to spill every thing but I can't! Now I'm having a hard time what to say (laughs). Anyways back to my review, Poison's Kiss is spectacular and worth reading. I got hooked easily and it was hard to stop reading this I just found myself half of the book already before I went to sleep and continued the other half when I woke up and with that I wasn't able to do the other things I needed to do but... sorry not sorry! *LOL* 

People should read this! But I must warn every one... you'll end up loving Deven. 

The book isn't cliffhanger but it has a second book coming right? I just want to know what will happen to Marinda, she made a good deal the Raja it makes the book more exciting!!! I just can't wait to read the next one and what will happen to Deven? Will his story with Marinda continues?

"Fear is the fuel of bravery ."

My Rating




Breeana Shields graduated from Brigham Young University with a BA in English. Her debut young adult fantasy, POISON'S KISS, will be released from Random House in 2017, with a sequel to follow in 2018. When she’s not writing, Breeana loves reading, playing board games and spending time with her husband, three children and an extremely spoiled miniature poodle. She lives in the Pacific Northwest, where it drizzles, rains or pours nine months of the year, but then transforms into paradise during the other three. She’s willing to make the trade-off.

Source: Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...